Monday, May 28, 2012

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks

☮♥♥☮


       Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle is a great book with themes like "sisterly love,"growing up, jealousy, crushes, and friendship.  Carly, the main character, is starting her second year of high school at a super religious Christian school, while her younger sister, Anna, is becoming a freshman there.  Cute little Anna suddenly grew big boobs over the summer, and she is getting lots of attention from boys, jealousy from girls, and even unfair treatment from their poopyhead of a gym teacher, Mr. Schranker (or, as they call him, the Wanker).
       Carly, who tries to not be just like everyone else and cave in to the social norms, finds a great new friend while watching some of her old friends change drasticly, thinks about who God really is, and even starts to crush on a boy named Cole, who -hmm... isn't exactly all he's cracked up to be.
         Then, the climax of the story happens when Carly's parents go out of town, and Carly invites a few friends over, who invite a few more friends over... and you can guess what happens next.  It's totally cliche, but what happens is kind of different than in all the other teen books/movies.
     I just love this book, and just it makes me want to read more and more of it.  In fact, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.  By the way, I'm sorry if my review makes it sound like all the other books out there, but it's definitely not.   Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks  is unique and totally worth reading, and I rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars!


                                                                        ✭Rosalind ✭

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to read that once I finish the book I'm reading now! It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is really good! After reading it for 2 days I'm already over 2/3rds done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats like 1 of my favorite books or somthing!

    ReplyDelete